It goes without saying that Ramen gets all the attention in the noodle soup world, but in my opinion udon deserves a spot to shine on the podium! Did you know that there are at least 11 types of udon served in different regions of Japan? They range from different thickness, shapes, and even incorporating potato starch into the wheat flour mix! The history of Udon is just as complex and rooted in centuries of Japanese culture. To make restaurant-like udon can sound very daunting, but today I am sharing a Udon Noodle Soup Hack using Myojo Tokusen Udon, Cook Do Beef & Pepper Stir Fry Sauce, and Dynasty Sliced Bamboo shoots. This combination will bring out so much flavors and crunch you’d think you’re sitting inside a Udon restaurant and will leave you smacking your lips for more. And hey, the weather is getting chilly and this udon soup is the answer to a warm belly and soul. Enjoy!
Using Bokksu Grocery: Cook Do Beef & Pepper Stir Fry Sauce, Myojo Tokusen Udon with Soup pack, Dynasty Sliced Bamboo Shoots, Kadoya Pure Sesame Oil, S&B Nanami Togarashi Seven- Spice Pepper, Yamamotoyama Roasted Sushi Nori Seaweed: Original.
Recipe: 1 serving
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 lb thinly sliced Beef Sirloin
- 1 can Dynasty Sliced Bamboo Shoots
- 1 teaspoon Kadoya Pure Sesame Oil
- 1⁄2 sheet Roasted Sushi Nori Seaweed
- S&B Togarashi Seven Spice Pepper, to taste
- Wash red and green bell peppers and slice thin.
- Slice the beef thin and set aside
- Drain the bamboo shoots and set aside.
- In a non stick pan. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Stir fry red and green bell peppers for about 5mins.
- Add in the bamboo shoots.
- Stir fry till the peppers are soften and the bamboo shoots have some coloring. About another 6mins.
- Add in the sliced beef and cook till brown.
- Add in the Cook Do Stir Fry sauce.
- Cook for another 1-2mins. Shut the heat off and set the pan aside.
- In a pot boil water per Myojo Tokusen Udon instructions.
- Once boiled add in the udon and the sauce from packet. Cook for ~2mins.
- Pour into a bowl and top generously with the beef and pepper stir fry.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of sesame oil.
- Garnish with roasted nori seaweed and add the Togarashi to taste.
By Cat Yeh