Yakisoba is a classic Japanese soba noodle stir fry dish often sold at Japanese festivals. This delicious recipe combines noodles and a soft bun — allowing you to eat noodles while walking.
4 yakisoba pan sandwiches
HOW TO MAKE
- 1 pack yakisoba noodle mix
- ¼ green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Kewpie mayonnaise, plus extra to garnish
- Pickled ginger, garnish to taste
- Shredded nori seaweed, to taste
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- 4 split top hot dog buns
- Chop green cabbage in fine shreds.
- Thinly slice 1 large carrot.
- Thinly slice scallion.
- In a medium pan, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add cabbage and carrot to the pan. Sauté them over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Prepare a package of Bokksu Grocery’s single serving yakisoba.
- Add yakisoba noodle mix to the pan.
- While yakisoba is cooking, spread Kewpie mayo on the inside of your hotdog bun.
- Using tongs, transfer your yakisoba into your hotdog bun.
- Top with sliced scallions, pickled ginger, and nori pieces.
- Sprinkle on flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Add an extra dollop of Kewpie mayonnaise, to garnish.